Friday, November 2, 2012

No Sew Quilted Ornament

 
 
 
What can you do with scrap fabrics, glue, styrofoam ball or other shape, and a bobby pin?
 
You make an ornament.
 
As I looked at my scraps (you never toss any scraps away no matter how small they are because there is always something you can do with them),  a memory of my aunts Christmas Tree came to mind.  35+ years ago she had made these ornament for GEMS.  I remember her telling my mom how she assembled them.  Racking my brain this is what I came up with.  Have no idea where she had gotten the idea or pattern for these, but they are quick and anyone could do it.  No crafting experience necessary.  I'm sure the story will come out Thanksgiving Day.
 
Directions:  Pick 3 or more different patterns of scrap fabrics.  Cut a manageable size of scrap; taking the bobby pin push edge of fabric into styrofoam shape.  Take another piece of fabric and push fabric into edge covering more of the styrofoam.  Continue until styrofoam is completely covered. 
 
When completely covered glue end or bobby pin and insert it into styrofoam to form a hook for hanging.  Cut a piece of ribbon or decorative string and loop.
 
This ornament took less than 10 minutes to cover a 3" styrofoam ball.
 
Enjoy!  Happy Crafting.
 







1 comment:

  1. I have looking for these! My grandmother and I used to make them and I couldn't remember how. Bobby pins!!!!! Thank you! I can't wait to relive a precious childhood memory!!!

    ReplyDelete